The GPH Doctoral Program invites applications from suitable candidates with an academic background in areas related to public health namely in medicine, health sciences, epidemiology, statistics, management, economics, political science, demography, sociology, anthropology, etc.
Eligible applicants must have obtained a Master´s Degree and preferably have some research experience. Being a full-time student is also a mandatory requirement.
The 5th edition of the Program will select a maximum of 12 candidates.
Applications must be submitted online here. A complete application must include the following components:
- Application form (available online)
- Summary of proposed research (maximum 500 words*, excluding references)
- Curriculum vitae (maximum 5 pages, with a maximum of 5,000 words)
- Certificate of Qualifications (mentioning final grades)
- Certificate of passes in the curricular units (with reference to the respective grades)
- Motivation letter
- A Reference letter
- Identification document – Copy of ID/citizen card or passport.
*The proposal should include the following topics:
– Objective and its relevance for Global Public Health;
– Data to be collected and/or used to support the objective;
– Expected outcomes;
– Link with past or ongoing research at partner institutions.
Only applications that are fully completed will be considered.
- III Phase of applications: 11 to 15, september 2023
- Pre-selection of candidates for interview: 18 and 19, september 2023
- Provisory list of accepted candidates: 21, september 2023
- Selected candidates announcement: 09 to 11, october of 2023
- Registration: 12 and 13, october, 2023
There is an application fee of 51€. This should be paid in the 48 hours after submission,
A nonrefundable fee of € 51 must accompany the application – payment to be made through an ATM using reference information that will be made available after submitting the online application OR by bank transfer – IBAN – PT50 0781 0112 0000 0004 6237 3, not forgetting to send a copy of the transfer document to the ENSP Academic Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a mention of your first and last name.
Applications that fail to comply with the deadline specified above will not be considered.
The tuition fee of the program is €2.750,00 per year.
Admission criteria will classify the present and potential research skills of the candidates.
The analysis, evaluation, selection, and ranking of applications will be carried out by a jury appointed by the Scientific Board of Doctoral Program in Global Public Health
The evaluation will be done according to the following criteria:
- Master thesis;
- Curriculum vitae, with maximum of 5 pages. The candidate’s academic and professional experience will be taken into account;
- Research project proposal, preferably linked to ongoing research activities at the partner institutions (maximum of 500 words). The relevance of the proposal in the public health field will be central as well as the expected contributions in terms of impact considering a real-world perspective;
- An interview.
Aiming to attract the best candidates the selection process will target national and international students in a competitive open process.