The programme invites applications from suitable candidates with an Academic background in areas related to public health namely in medicine, health sciences, epidemiology, statistics, management, economics, political science, demography, sociology, anthropology, etc.
Eligible applicants must have obtained a Masters Degree and preferably have some research experience. Being a full time student is also a mandatory requirement.
The third edition of the programme will select a maximum of 12 candidates with 10 being eligible for an FCT scholarship.
Applications must be submitted online. A complete application must include the following components:
- Application form (available online)
- Summary of proposed research (maximum 2.000 words, excluding references)
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 5 pages, with a maximum of 5,000 words)
- Certificate of Qualifications (mentioning final grades)
- Certificate of passes in the curricular units (with reference to the respective grades);
- Motivation letter
- A letter of reference
- Identification document – Copy of ID/citizen card or passport.
Only applications that are fully completed will be considered.
4 December 2017 to 3 January 2018
- Pre-selection of candidates for interview:
8 to 12 January 2018
15 to 26 January 2018
- Publication of selected candidates:
29 January 2018
2 to 9 February 2018
There is an application fee of 51€. This should be paid in the 48 hours after submission:
By bank transfer – IBAN – PT50 0781 0112 0000 0004 6237 3, not forgetting to send a copy of the transfer document to the ENSP Academic Services (email@example.com) with a mention of your first and last name, OR
By cheque made payable to IGCP, and sent or handed in to Serviços Académicos – ENSP – Avenida Padre Cruz, s/n. – 1600-560 Lisboa
or to Gabinete de Pós –Graduação – ISPUP – Rua das Taipas nº 135 – 4050-600 Porto.
Admission criteria will classify the present and potential research skills of the candidates.
The evaluation will be done according to the following criteria
- Master thesis
- Curriculum vitae, with maximum of 5 pages. The candidate’s academic and professional experience will be taken into account
- Research project proposal, preferably linked to ongoing research activities at the partner institutions (maximum of 5 pages, with a maximum of 2000 words). The relevance of the proposal in the public health field will be central as well as the expected contributions in terms of impact considering a real-world perspective.
- An interview.
Aiming to attract the best candidates the selection process will target national and international students in a competitive open process.